I have checked that these links exist (last checked December 2010). At
least at one time they were all fossil related. While the link
existence check is automated, the content check is not.
Even pages that persist may have their content deleted, get co-opted, etc.
Times have changed since I first compiled this list. Google
is now available. If you want particular information, e.g. "trilobites", I would go there first. The first two sites returned by Google are the Wikipedia entry (another good place to start) and the "Guide to the Orders of Trilobites"listed below!
|If you find a problem link, let us know.
These pages have not been generally reviewed, but some particularly informative sites are marked by a .
The sites selling material are provided solely as a resource and should in no way be assumed to have been
vouched for by PSoA or its members.
Austin and Texas
Clubs Outside Texas
Museums and Universities
- For state by state information, see map
- Florida Museum of Natural History
- Calvert Marine Museum
- Aurora Fossil Museum
- Buffalo Museum of Science
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles
- The Paleontological Society
- Smithsonian Institution-National Museum of Natural History
- Smithsonian Dept. of Paleobiology
- Dept. of Paleontology, Natural
History Museum, London
- Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology
- Fossil Vertebrates in the Burke Museum
- International Organisation of Palaeobotany
- Paleobiological Fund
- Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center
- Univ. of Nebraska State Museum - Vertebrate Paleontology
- Southern California Paleontological Society
- Saint-Petersburg Paleontological Laboratory
- Society of Vertebrate Paleontology, The (SVP)
- University of the Witwatersrand - Bernard Price Institute's Museum of Palaeontology
- Vertebrate Paleontology - University of Texas at Austin
- Non-vertebrate Paleontology - University of Texas at Austin
- Palaeobotanical Research Group - University Munster (Germany)
- Paleontological Society
- Museum of Paleontology, University of California, Berkeley
- Paleobotany Collection
- Russian Academy of Sciences - Paleontological Institute
- Museum of Geology, SD School of Mines
- Paleontological Research Institution (PRI)
- Pioneer Trails Regional Museum
- Lake Temiscamingue Fossil Centre
- Paleobotany - Yale Peabody Museum
- Palaeontological Association, The
- Morden and District Museum¬A>
- George C. Page Museum of La Brea Discoveries
- Paleontology Institute - Universitat Erlangen (Germany)
- Grand River Museum
- Fundy Geological Museum
- University of Arizona
- Tate Geological Museum
- Black Hills Institute of Geological Research, Inc.
- Palaeontology Research Group - University of Bristol (United Kingdom)
- Calvin College Mastodon Page
- Petersburg Paleontological Laboratory
- Geobiology of Polar Latitude Eocene Forests Project
- Dry Dredgers Homepage (good
info on Cincinnatian, see esp. the crinoid crowns.
Plesiosaurs and Mosasaurs
Fish and Sharks
As you will have noticed, many of the other sites listed on this page have
their own extensive lists.
Educational and Kids
Trades and Dealers